Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sooooo many paragraphs, sooooo many skills!

I think a "good paper" needs to have correctly embedded quotes. Listening to my classmates read their paragraphs and critiquing them, I noticed that a lot of people had forgotten to embed their quotes. I think people should thoroughly read the checklist and grading rubric, that Mrs. Gilman so graciously offered us, before turning their essays in. Another key to a "good paper" is the presence of proofreading. Before printing out your piece of writing you should always read through it a couple times.
In order to improve my writing skills for a future 5 part paragragh I think that I need to read through the checklist more thoroughly. I also should look something up if I don't know exactly what it is. Like how to embed quotes correctly.

P.S. This is kind of random, but I am so glad we use the Gilman method to write 5 part paragraghs, and not 5 part essays with 5 individual paragraphs like Ms. Clear made us do!

No comments:

Post a Comment