Saturday, December 11, 2010

Poetry Out Loud: I wandered Lonely as a Cloud (by William Wordsworth ((whose words are worthy!))) :)

I chose the poem, "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud", by William Wordsworth. I chose it partly because it sounds pretty, and the theme is interesting. It just made me feel happy and peaceful inside. The poem is about a person dreaming about watching and marveling over daffodils from a cloud's perspective. Sometimes having the privilege of seeing something really beautiful can make you a lot richer than what money can give you.
I really like flowers, though I don't exactly have a personal connection with daffodils.
The person who is speaking in the poem is changed by what he/she sees, and is a different person at the end than at the beginning. I want to convey this change by putting on facial expressions that change as the poem goes on; generally kind of peaceful at the beginning, then excited and happy, then peaceful, then excited again, but not alternating. I just can't think of the exact words off the top of my head right now.
I want to look peaceful, and like I am looking off into space during the parts when the person is describing his/her dream/daydream. I will make the mood obvious to the audience and judges with gestures and facial expressions. When the poet refers to things, I want to look like I am actually seeing it.

P.S. This was a fun blog.
P.P.S. It was really fun annotating and analizing my poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment