Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thoughts on Reading

copy: control c paste: control v

I think the story of Great Expectations was pretty good in some parts and boring in others. There were some pretty interesting parts near the end. At first I felt sad for Pip when he was little. But then when he got his expectations and was rude to Biddy I hated him. What kind of confused me was Mrs. Joe's role in the book. She's a big part of Pip's life, being her guardian, and then she dies. Also, I don't remember solving any of the mysteries. I normally like to stay oblivious and enjoy being surprised. So I don't like to use Sparknotes often.


When I was reading Great Expectations out of class normally it was right before bed. I don't know if this habit had any effect on my comprehension of the novel, but I just wanted to get to bed so I skimmed over the really boring parts a few times. I always followed the reading schedule because once when I hadn't it took me forever to make up an extra night of reading. It was super hard to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment