Friday, October 1, 2010

Extending the theme

One theme in To Kill a Mockikngbird is the way siblings always stick together through thick and thin, carinng for each other and looking out for each other. A part that stood out to me in this book was the way Jem and Scout were so close to each other. I have a little sister named Glory, who is four years younger than me, just like Scout is four years younger than Jem. It was easy to relate to Jem (even though I'm not a boy) while reading To Kill a Mockingbird. The way Scout was always sticking to Jem and following him everywhere was very similar to the way my sister did when she was little. Jem and Scout's relationship helped me to realize just how loyal siblings are toward each other. I also realized a little more about how special and precious my sister really is to me.

P.S. I showed this to my sister and at first she frowned and looked angry. Then I told her to read the rest of it and she smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment